Sinu Nonprofit Contest Rules
2018 SINU NONPROFIT SURVEY SWEEPSTAKES
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. How to Enter: This monthly sweepstakes begins 12:00am May 25, 2018 and ends at 11:59 pm on July 1, 2018 (“Sweepstakes period”). Contestants must enter via survey link, complete the online survey and opt into the sweepstakes by entering your name, name of the nonprofit you represent, valid email address and other information requested, and submit. Only one entry per person/e-mail address per sweepstakes period is permitted. You must have internet access in order to enter the Sweepstakes. All entries submitted become the sole property of Sinu and will not be returned. Contestants agree that the information they provide in the survey may be used in aggregate with other survey participants in order for Sinu to develop a nonprofit technology report that will be published online and available for free download. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
2. Sponsor: Sinu Inc., 141 West 36th Street, 4S, New York, NY 10018
3. Prize: One (1) winner per Sweepstakes period will receive a $500 cash donation. All prizes will be awarded and are not transferable or redeemable for other services. The winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on the prize. Sinu is not responsible for lost or stolen prizes. Prize is valid for federally recognized nonprofit organizations, such as a 501(c)(3).
4. Selection of Winners: Sinu will randomly select one winner from all eligible entries received in a sweepstakes period and notify the winner by email. Sinu’s selection of the winner is final. Sinu and its agents will not be liable for inability to notify the winner, whether due to inaccurate entry information, change of e-mail address or otherwise. Winners will have fifteen (15) business days from notification to complete affidavit to claim their prize and a winner who does not respond in this time period will be deemed to have forfeited the prize and an alternate winner may be selected.
5. Release: Sinu will require the winner to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability release form as a condition to receipt of the prize. If such documents are not returned within the time period requested, or if an entrant is found to be ineligible or if he/she does not comply with the Official Rules, then the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected.
6. Eligibility: Sweepstakes open to legal residents of the United States who are 18 years old or age of majority at time of entry. The Sweepstakes is void in Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Territories and outside of the United States, and where restricted or prohibited by law. Employees of Sinu and its affiliates and their advertising, promotion and production agencies and their immediate families and household members are not eligible to participate. The Sweepstakes is subject to all state, federal and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in the Official Rules.
7. Entry: Entries submitted to the Website will be deemed made by the authorized account holder, at the time of entry, of the e-mail address submitted. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet provider, online service provider or organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
In the event of a dispute, the winner may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. Photographs, clips or videos submitted cannot contain copyrighted materials owned by third parties and must be entrant’s original creation and not copied, in whole or in part, from any other work.
8. Release, Limitations on Liability: By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant releases and holds harmless Sinu and its employees, officers and agents from any and all liability for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, personal injury, death or damage to or loss of property in connection with participation in and use or misuse of the prize.
9. Publicity Release: Except where legally prohibited, winner consents to the use of his/her name and likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, and city and state of residence in print, broadcast, Internet and other media for advertising, promotional and/or marketing purposes without additional compensation, limitation, restriction, notice, review or approval.
10. No Tampering; Right to Cancel, Modify: Sinu and its agents are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry of information, technical malfunctions, human error, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof, entry materials that have been tampered with, or entries that are illegible, incomplete, late, lost or damaged or for any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any material in this promotion. Sinu may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sinu’s representatives. Sinu reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this promotion if it becomes technically corrupted or if is not capable of running as planned, including due to infections by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of Sinu which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Sinu reserves the right to correct typographical errors in any Sweepstakes-related materials.
11. Disputes: By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree that any disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any class action and all claims, awards and judgments shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees. No entrant is permitted to obtain any award for, and waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages. Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the validity, construction, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York.
13. List of Winners: For a copy of the name of the winner, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
141 West 36th Street, 4S
New York, NY 10018
Attn: Nonprofit Survey Contest