About one-third of Sinu’s client base is nonprofit customers. As a result, Sinu has a deep knowledge of the technology challenges faced by nonprofits, as well as a large number of the productivity applications utilized in the nonprofit sector.
Recently, Sinu helped a nonprofit customer migrate an aging in-house CRM and communications system to a cloud-based hosted solution, and updated an in-house domain and authentication network.
After a deep analysis of the network, a query of the needs of the end users, and a healthy understanding of the organizational goals, Sinu produced and executed on a strategic plan. The successful migrations delivered on the following:
- Modernized the organization’s most important systems, including functions associated with communications, data backup and security
- Made the organization’s most important productivity tools much more highly available
- Significantly reduced the organization’s overall risk
- Minimized the organization’s capital expenditure on hardware and software
- Eliminated the organization’s exposure to traditional Time & Materials variable pricing
- Reduced the organization’s network infrastructure by approximately 50%
This project was in alignment with Sinu’s feeling that, whenever it can be executed responsibly, nonprofits should consider hosted and/or SaaS solutions for their mission-critical applications.